Re: Which TI should I buy?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I buy?

In article <57qk8m$jkn@mtinsc01-mgt.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
you@somehost.somedomain (CerealBox) writes:
>HA!
>
>What do you know?
>
>The 83 sucks.  It still has those ugly full screen menus
A lot of people prefer those menus to the layered 5-choices-at-a-time
menus on the 85.
Personally, I've used both and I tend to prefer the menus on the 82(83).
>and far fewer capabilities (especially programming wise -- no ZShell).
The 83 has the chance to advance to the programming that we (we being the
users) "discovered" on the 85, as it comes with asm much easier to access
than it is on the 85, and I imagine that soom we'll see a bunch of 83 asm
progs popping up.
>And it's not like the 85 is so hard to understand -- most TI calcs are
pretty
>easy to pick up.  If you want a calculator that's hard to understand, try
an
>HP -- those things use RPN and have so many functions there's two shift
>keys.
Of course, if you want the power and abilities of the HP, it may be well
worth learning how to use all of the extra functions and equations.