Re: Calculator Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Calculator Program

Cyber Linguist wrote:

> I like this idea! Hey -- if a 16K Timex/Sinclair can play Chess, so can
> a 20K calculator, hm? 8-)> I'll look for BASIC code on the 'Net --

I seem to remember that there was actually a version of chess that
worked on the 1K Sinclair ZX81! It actually required 4K to create the
program, should you type it in, but off the cassette used just 1K. It
had to use the screen memory as temporary storage (not a problem on the
ZX81 because it "fast" mode, the refreshing of the screen was turned
off.

Of course my memory may have exaggerated the feat - I am not 100% sure
that it wasn't a draughts program (that's checkers for those on the
other side of the Atlantic). Still quite some achievement.