Re: Challenge

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Challenge

In <321CD186.270@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu>
billman.1@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu writes:

>I am challenging all TI programers to create a
>program that plays chess against you.  The object
>is to make the computer as fast and as good as
>possible.
>
>    Believe it or not, this IS possible!!!!!!  I
>personally have done it on my TI-82!!! The computer
>moves in about 3-15 mins depending on the position.
>The program is strong enough to beat just about any
>beginner and a few more experienced players.  I am
>not yet realeasing the program because it is not
>completely finished, and besides what would be the
>fun of creating one if mine was already released.
>
>       If you create a fairly good computer or
>just create I really bad one, I'd be happy to take
>a look at the code and speed it up for you.  If you
>do create a working program you should either post
>it here, or email it to me, Thaddeus Billman, at
>billman.1@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu.

    Know what?  Once this is over, the "winner" should try and figure
out how to get it in the programs section of Chess Space
(http://www.chess-space.com/).  If you click on the Programs link now,
you'll see a list of Operating Systems, including the HP48.  Now, we
can add the TI-82 (or 85, 83, 92) to that list!!!

    By the way, how much "disk space" does this program take up on the
82?  Or since is isn't finished, how big is it expected to be?

-DAN Wolfe
 ^^^