Re: stolen calculators

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: stolen calculators

On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Matt Bathje wrote:

> > People have been talking about engraving their names into their calculators.
> > What do you use to do that? A regular knife? Pocket Knife? What?
> I work for a company that does computerized engraving, so I used an
> actual engraver to do it. But, if I were to recommend something, it'd
> probably be a pocket knife, and i'd probably go deep with it, so it can't
> be scraped off.

You may have to look hard, but I know that diamond pencils are sold (try a
hobby store maybe).  They are just a 'pencil' made of metal with diamond on the
tip to engrave things with.  Boy, I'm glad that no one in my school knows what
a ti-85 is so I don't have to mess with this kind of stuff.

+------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|        Tony Lieuallen        |   marvin@mars.superlink.net   |
+------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|             http://mars.superlink.net/marvin/home            |
|       http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1171/      |
+-------------------------Finger me for more of what follows!--+
| * It's Non-Toxic! That means you can eat it!!                |
| * The computer saves man a lot of guesswork, but then, so    |
|   does the bikini.                                           |
| * Practice makes perfect, but no one's perfect, so why       |
|   practice?                                                  |
| * The nice thing about Windows is - it does not just crash,  |
|   it displays a dialog box, and let's you press 'OK' first.  |