[A92] Re: TI92+ HW2 AMS 2.05 ASM size limit

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Rudolf Polzer wrote:

> Isn't the ASM size limit 24k on HW2, AMS 2.05?

Yes, it is.

> I have installed the HW2Patch, but my TIGCC program (22k) still
> crashes. Interestingly, it crashes before my code is executed (the
> first line to be executed is a clrscr()!) and I get an "Address
> Error". If I run my program (compiled in Doors mode) in UniversalOS,
> it works.

The problem isn't likely due to the size limit.  If the program were over
the size limit with no kernel installed, you'd get the "ASAP or Exec
String Too Long" error message.  On HW2, there is a hardware protection to
back up the size limit by prohibiting code being executed in certain
address ranges, which can cause crashes if you try to run code outside the
range without circumventing or deactivating the hardware protection (which
HW2Patch does for you anyway).  In any case, unless your program tries to
run code somewhere in RAM outside its own boundaries, this won't happen,
and if it did the result would not be "Address Error" .

Follow-Ups: References: