Re: A92: screen backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: screen backlight

> calcs.  I can't remember exactly where I found it, but it involved using a
> hacksaw to remove the foam pad, and then peeling off the reflective backing,

Don't you mean a coping saw?  The hacksaw I think is a little over-kill.  :-)

I _ALSO_ took a look inside my calc.  The black tape that holds down the
wire ribbons is really sticky.  It's very difficult to remove.  I undid the
three screws that hold the black plastic piece on, but it was not releasing
from the PCB.  Maybe it's glued as well.  Oh well.

P.S. Please take pictures if you can while you are working on this project.
It'll help show people what to do and you don't have to do it over again
just to get pictures.  Also, where can you get these indiglo sheets?

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, Wash.)
Electronic Mail: serac@lightmail.com
IRC Nickname: serac (on EF-Net)