Re: A92: screen backlight

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: screen backlight

I've done a little more research on the indiglow strips too.  It appears
that some of them use an "inverter" which converts low power DC voltage to a
higher voltage used to run the strips.  They can still do this at fairly low
current consumption.  So it may still be possible to use your 115 volt strip
on a 6 volt calc.  I also saw an article on installing these strips in
calcs.  I can't remember exactly where I found it, but it involved using a
hacksaw to remove the foam pad, and then peeling off the reflective backing,
and inserting the strip.  It sounds a little risky, but very possible.  I
will send you the address of the site if I can find it.  Or if anyone else
knows where it is feel free to send it to us.

Kebes