A92: Compression on Ti92/TI92+

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Compression on Ti92/TI92+

			Hello,

I would like to ask something to the TI92/TI92+ community :
(and maybe ti89 soonly...)

It's about compression method : I am making a compression
plugin for PCTOOLS98.

Do you think It would be better to :

* Make like Doors : we have just single files, and with a function
	we compress/extract it ?

* use multifiles archives : In one file we compress a lot of
	files, like PIC, ASM... and in PCTOOLS98 is appears
	like a folder

I am not sure that the second solution would be good
for a calc : There is not 600 MByte of memory.
Because while extracting, we have to extract all files
(if a prgm need a compressed library, ...) and thus
it requires a lot of memory : compressed memory+
extracted memory.
The other way would be to extract only the select file
in the compressed folder. But it requires also a lot of
memory.

Well, was do you think about ?
Please, answer me. Or else I won't know what to do.
What would you personnly prefer ?

Thanks a lot
Benoit SCHERRER