Re: A92: Re: AT commands for fterm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Re: AT commands for fterm

>Most hayes compatible modems use at least some of the same AT commands.
>These are the ones that are pretty standard as far as I know:
>
>ATZ  Reset modem
>ATDT 555-5555 dial phone number
>+++ drop out to command mode (use this when you are connect so you can
>send commands to the modem without sending them on to the other computer)
>ATH Hangup

ATZ^M
ATDT5555555^M
+++^M
ATH^M

I haven't messed with modem-strings in a long time.  Most modems now
I believe understand a more "HUMAN" looking string.  What I mean is,
I do not believe you can get away with putting SPACES and HYPHENS in
a string.  When I used to do BBS stuff awhile back, the program I
used showed the strings going out, and they did not have any SPACES
or HYPHENS.  But in the dialog boxes, where you set them, you could
type anything.  The program was smart enough to make the string ok.
Now, granted modems now probably are more flexible.  But wait... we
can't use NEW modems!  We're limited to 9600 and under.  That means
we'll be using OLD modems.  But to the point, I think it safer to
make the strings look like the ones I wrote.

Now, that is only my first problem.  This is the MORE SERIOUS one.
I know that with fterm you cannot possibly do TCP/IP.  That would
require a stack, and a lot of other things that have to be run with
programs (no human I know can talk to a computer using PPP, BY HAND).

So I'll assume you meant BBS E-Mail (I know of some that let you
access your internet email... even let you email webpages to yourself
for viewing).  Does FTerm support ANSI terminal?  When I used to do
BBS, as I've said, I used a program designed for that kind of stuff.
How much of it was "hiding" the real stuff?  What I mean is, after
you send these AT commands, does everything come across as TEXT?  So
you can do everything sending stuff directly to the modem?

====
Aaron Hill (Redmond, WA)
E-mail: SeracOhw24@msn.com
IRC Nick: SeracOhw (EF-Net)