Re: A92: Re: AT commands for fterm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Re: AT commands for fterm

> ATZ^M
> ATDT5555555^M
> +++^M
> ATH^M
>
> I haven't messed with modem-strings in a long time.  Most modems now
> I believe understand a more "HUMAN" looking string.  What I mean is,
> I do not believe you can get away with putting SPACES and HYPHENS in
> a string.  When I used to do BBS stuff awhile back, the program I

I have a 2400bps modem that understands the spaces and hyphens, but yes,
it would probably be safer to leave the out.

> So I'll assume you meant BBS E-Mail (I know of some that let you
> access your internet email... even let you email webpages to yourself
> for viewing).  Does FTerm support ANSI terminal?  When I used to do

BBS E-mail would work, as would UNIX shell accounts.  The only problem is
the terminal emulation.  I don't think that FTerm supports ANSI terminal
emulation (used with most BBS's) and I don't think that it supports VT100
terminal emulation (used with most unix shell accounts).  This means that
lots of things aren't going to look correct.  Most BBS interfaces rely on
the terminal escape codes.  Under unix, programs like Pine, lynx and irc
rely on the vt100 escape codes (well, under the most common setups that
is...some setups would require other escape codes).  I've been thinking
about writing a vt100 terminal emulation program for the ti92, similar to
telnet83.  Would people be interested in seeing that?

-Mark Ivey-

 "If patience is a virtue, and ignorance is bliss,
 you can have a pretty good life if you're stupid
 and willing to wait"