Re: A92: linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: linking

OK I've rebooted my computer, and this went away.  But I've got a new
problem
But here is the chronological account of what happened

1)    I've been happily programming, assemblying, sending programs to my
calc, and running them all night long.
2)    My program all of a sudden caused an Illegal Instruction crash.
3)    I've loaded my program (the same build thay caused the crash) into
db92
4)    I discovered to my amazement (and dismay) that all jsr tios::____
instructions were
jsr    $000000, causing, of course, the illegal instruction error
5)    I recompiled the program and got the error I described in the
previous mesage,
qouted below
6)   I rebooted my computer
7)    That error went away, but the jsr instructions are still jsr $000000

The conclusion I draw is that flinker.exe went bad sometime before I built
the program
in step 2.  It fails to relocate Rom calls.  I will have to unzip it again,
I suppose.  But what could have made this happen so out of the blue?  Has
anyone else experienced anything of the like?

Anton Ivanov wrote:

> I was building a fargo program, and, all of a sudden, this:
> Assembling flib.asm
>
> PASS 1 line 1259
> PASS 2 line 1259
> End of assembly - no errors were found.
> Heap usage:  -w2047,136
> Total hunk sizes:  4e0 code, 0 data, 10 BSS
> _
> Reading object file `flib.o'
> Entering Pass 1 of link output
> Resolving internal and external references
> Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
> Page fault at eip=00005c00, error=0004
> eax=0100983d ebx=00056210 ecx=000056dc edx=000561f0 esi=000551ac
> edi=0100983d
> ebp=000550cc esp=000550cc cs=00af ds=00b7 es=00b7 fs=0087 gs=00c7
> ss=00b7
> Call frame traceback EIPs:
>   0x00005c00
>   0x00005a72
>   0x0000366e
>   0x00004e6e
>   0x0000518e
>   0x00002013
>   0x000075eb
> C:\Fargo2\asm\lib>
> C:\Fargo2\asm\lib>
>
> The file assembled fine, but the linker went bottom up.  Now it does it
> on every file, from every directory.  I repeat, this began with no
> warning; I hadn't modified anything at all.
>     What should I do? (David?)

Follow-Ups: References: