Re: A92: learning assembly - real simple question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 21:25 1998-07-29 -0400, you wrote:

>In a message dated 7/29/98 6:05:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
e96nbr@efd.lth.se
>writes:
>
>> It follows that a byte is represented by two digits, a word by four digits
>>  and a longword by eight digits.
>
>so when you say that a byte has two digits, that is the hex ($00-$FF)
which in
>binary it is 00000000-11111111.  So you could say that if a byte was in
binary
>that it would have 8 bits (digits)

Correct, though I don't know if "digit" is a term that can be used for bits
(I don't have a problem with it). But you got the idea, that's the
important bit.
Please contact me (or us :) if there's anything else you need help with.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

There was not a lot that could be done to make Morpork a worse place. A
direct hit by a meteorite, for example, would count as gentrification.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Pyramids)

Follow-Ups: References: