Re: A92: learning assembly - real simple question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: learning assembly - real simple question

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:06:11 +0200 Niklas Brunlid <e96nbr@efd.lth.se>
writes:

>At 21:25 1998-07-29 -0400, you wrote:
>>
>>In a message dated 7/29/98 6:05:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>e96nbr@efd.lth.se
>>writes:
>>
>>> It follows that a byte is represented by two digits, a word by four
digits
>>>  and a longword by eight digits.
>>
>>so when you say that a byte has two digits, that is the hex ($00-$FF)
which in
>>binary it is 00000000-11111111.  So you could say that if a byte was in
binary
>>that it would have 8 bits (digits)
>>

>Correct, though I don't know if "digit" is a term that can be used for
bits
>(I don't have a problem with it). But you got the idea, that's the
important bit.
>Please contact me (or us :) if there's anything else you need help
>with.
BIT stands for Binary digIT... in case anyone cares :)

Daniel Plaisted
dsplaisted@bigfoot.com
dsplaisted@juno.com

>Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
>PQF Quote follows:
>
>There was not a lot that could be done to make Morpork a worse place.
>direct hit by a meteorite, for example, would count as gentrification.
>        -- (Terry Pratchett, Pyramids)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]