Re: A92: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Fargo 0.2.4 released w/ preinstalled backu

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Fargo 0.2.4 released w/ preinstalled backups on ticalc.org

At 00:56 1998-01-17 -0800, you wrote:

>At 12:10 AM 1/17/98 -0500, Dennis Ng wrote:
>>One suggestion, hold your revisions at least for three days...
>>i've had to recompile my programs each day, to test them.
>>AND most of the other programmers don't appreciate it either.
>>
>>And, we gots to download new versions too, which aren't
>>really appreciated...
>>
>>We luv you david, and we appreciate the perfections you
>>are making, but keeping these features under sheets until
>>you've made alot of progress would be better.
>>--Dennis Ng, just turned 14-year-old obsessed fargo programmer.
>
>Now that really hurts. Here I went almost a year without releasing a new
>version of Fargo, and I got complaints. Now I'm releasing one almost every
>day, and I got a complaint. I just can't win.

Just wanted to say that I for one really like updates - it's one of the
best things about the Internet, too be "on the bleeding edge" with hardware
drivers and software updates. I think Fargo II is *great*, as I now can
program my own ROM 2.1 calc instead of borrowing a 1.x or using Tiger.

BTW, can't wait for that feature list to be implemented ;~)

[snip]

>Also, I do not understand why you are complaining about recompiling your
>programs. It's not like it takes three hours to compile a 15K Fargo
>program. We're not dealing with the Linux kernel here. Is your schedule so
>crammed that you can't even spare 10 minutes a day to check if your
>programs still compile and run?

In all honesty, the jump from 0.2.2 to 0.2.3 took me almost a day, but then
I used direct adresses in dc.w statements :-)... took a while to go around
that, but it gave me some new optimization ideas.

And now for some commersials: TINX v2.00a10 was just uploaded to my
homepage. It should now work properly on 1.x calcs, but I need feedback.
Feel free to check it out, folks.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!)