Re: A92: FileLIB functions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: FileLIB functions

   Ok, about the registers vs stack thing, it's quite a simple matter to just
make two functions!

function 1: C-callable stack based function
    it moves stuff to the registers, then calls function2

function 2: Asm-callable register based function
    do the work, then return the result

Problem solved!
   Personally I like register calls, however if you lock the data into
registers, some parts of program flow become very complex (moving registers
around to fit the different interface calls, while stack based stuff is
C-callable, and that's more than worth the minor speed thing (especially for
something like File operations which aren't usually speed critical anyway).
   My OS project looks like it's going to get the go-ahead, which means
there'll be a new kid on the block, Xinu, which will allow C programming on the
TI-92 (if you have a cross-compiler like Metrowerks or GCC with a 68K option).

Next?
--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu