Re: A92: Memory layout of the 92plus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 01:19 1998-08-29 +0200, you wrote:

>Concerning the thread "recovery on crashes" I recently examined the 92plus
>memory :
>$000000-$03ffff: RAM
>$040000-$1fffff: 7 mirrors of $0-$3ffff

Meaning cut adress lines?

>$200000-$2fffff: OLD TI92 ROM (parts of it seem still to be used)

This could make a Tiger 92+ difficult to write.

>$300000-$3fffff: mirror of $200000-$3fffff
>$400000-$59ffff: TI92plus ROM
>$5a0000-$5fffff: Archive Memory

This memory has to me I/O-accessed somehow... if it was "real" RAM the 92+
shouldn't crash when you try to use f.x. libraries for PlusShell in it.
Unless something goes wrong with the relocation...

>$600000-$6?????: Memory mapped I/O

This can't change since the CPU and mainboard are probably wired to accept
these adresses for I/O.

>above: nothing
>Archive memory is totally deleted after a crash! Archived variables are
stored
>in backups and recovered to the archive.
>		A.K.

Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
PQF Quote follows:

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial
moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in
life?" very quickly lacked both.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Follow-Ups: References: