Re: A92: Memory layout of the 92plus

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Niklas Brunlid schrieb:

> At 01:19 1998-08-29 +0200, you wrote:
> >
> >Concerning the thread "recovery on crashes" I recently examined the 92plus
> >memory :
> >$000000-$03ffff: RAM
> >$040000-$1fffff: 7 mirrors of $0-$3ffff
>
> Meaning cut adress lines?

I think so

> >$200000-$2fffff: OLD TI92 ROM (parts of it seem still to be used)

I searched memory and didn't find some of the error-strings above $400000, but
perhaps I overlooked them...
Now I'm going to follow some subroutine calls, that may be more exact

> This could make a Tiger 92+ difficult to write.

You're right, perhaps it must be totally rewritten

> >$300000-$3fffff: mirror of $200000-$3fffff
> >$400000-$59ffff: TI92plus ROM
> >$5a0000-$5fffff: Archive Memory
>
> This memory has to me I/O-accessed somehow... if it was "real" RAM the 92+
> shouldn't crash when you try to use f.x. libraries for PlusShell in it.
> Unless something goes wrong with the relocation...

Well, you're right mine crashed too, I replaced some bytes in a string stored
there

> >$600000-$6?????: Memory mapped I/O
>
> This can't change since the CPU and mainboard are probably wired to accept
> these adresses for I/O.
>
> >above: nothing
> >Archive memory is totally deleted after a crash! Archived variables are
> stored
> >in backups and recovered to the archive.
> >		A.K.
> >

> Niklas Brunlid - http://www.efd.lth.se/~e96nbr
> PQF Quote follows:
>
> Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial
> moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in
> life?" very quickly lacked both.
>         -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Annotations  by		A.K.