Re: A92: 92+ asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: 92+ asm

In a message dated 8/9/98 7:21:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, e96nbr@efd.lth.se
writes:

> One thing I'm curious about is if there will ever be a $5 parallel cable
>  link program that handles Flashing... I'd hate to have to buy TI:s
>  over-priced link cable just for that single purpose :(

I would think that you'd need TI's overpriced link cable.  If I remember
correctly, the updated rom images are in executable format, so they're made to
install themselves to the calc, not to be installed with another program.
That brings up the obvious idea of extracting the ROM from the executable.
However, I'd assume that TI keeps the ROM well encoded and stuff, or else we'd
be getting the ROMs for free even if we didn't have a 92+.
Maybe we'll be able to outsmart them, maybe not.  I guess we'll just have to
wait until people figure out more about the ROM update file format.
It would be really nice to have this feature though, even though I have a TI
cable and a parallel cable, because upgrading by TI cable would take a *long*
time.