From: QBall <dunngre1@metronet.lib.mi.us>
To: list-fargo@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: LF: How to use a modem
Date: Saturday, November 23, 1996 6:04 PM

This is a reply to what I have seen on the list lately.  There has been
much talk about modems and fterm.  I will explain exactly how to do it
on a 25-pin and a 9-pin modem.

• I recommend downloading fterm 1.0 beta 7 from http://www.ticalc.org/
before attempting to do this !!!
• If you own a modem with a "Data Terminal Ready" switch on it, make
sure the switch is set in the "Override" position !!!
• It is neccessary to have a Null Modem Adapter no matter what you are
doing.  All that the adapter does is take the Receive and Transmit
signals on your modem and splits them into the correct ports for a
25-pin cable.  That is all it does.
• It is neccessary to have a gender changer, since the TI Graph-Link is
male and so is your modem port.