[A89] Re: Pointers and Matricies

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: Pointers and Matricies

| What makes Pascal more logical then C?

The syntax.

| And logical in what way?

For example, I completely hate the keyword 'void', because it can have many
meanings and looks just like a normal type.  Next, I think the way functions
are declared is pretty strange: They start out like a variable, and then
they just take parameters.  Function types are the worst; what's up with
"void(*)(void)" (as opposed to a simple "procedure")?  And matrices are
pretty bad as well:  First there is the type, then the variable name, then
the dimensions, which belong to the type from my point of view.  In using
pointers, I find that the location of the asterisks is 'switched around';
this also makes more parentheses necessary.

| With my view of the computer as a computer engineer who knows how a
| processor works, think that it is totally illogical with strong typing.

Not having strong typing in C is not a really big issue for me, really.  Of
course I do like it.

| Addresses are addresses, and data is data and can sometimes be code or
both
| code and data, no more divisions needed :)

Especially on a TI. :-)

Follow-Ups: References: