[A89] Trying to kill the hex myth (was: Re: Re: graphics question)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 13:44 2001-08-28, you wrote:
>Since the sprite that you put into TIGCC is going to be in hex, it would
>probably be worthwhile to
>learn to use it, especially if you're going to do a lot of programming.
>It's really just a condensed version of binary: take four bits, and
>convert them into one hex
>digit.
>jeff

I don't know who came up with this idea, but _everyone_ seems to belive it...
you DO NOT have to use hex to specify sprite data in TIGCC, you can just as
well use binary it you feel that is more comfortable. (or decimal for that
matter)
for specifying a binary number, use 0b instead of 0x in the beginning.

so 0xAA would be 0b10101010 (or 170 decimal, but that is hardly very
intuiative.)
Its all the same value you tell the compiler to put in the memorypos, how
you present it in your program is totally irrellevant for how the program
works.

Its always good to understand how different bases like hex and binary and
decimal work thouh.

///Olle

Follow-Ups: References: