[A89] Re: calling files

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A89] Re: calling files

At 11:48 2001-04-11, you wrote:
>Better question why are most good prgrammers French???? Oh and by the way
>many great programs have been made in C!!!  I hope to make a few small
>computer programs for windows in my life.

And if they are not french, they are at least european :)
quite strange since the calcs is much more common in the US.
europe have though quite a long tradition of hacker-programmers and demos
and stuff, since the mid-80s.
but that doesn't explain why that was more common in europe either...

ofcourse many great programs have been made in C.
C is really nice for drafting the overlaying structure, and algoritms, then
you do the time-critical stuff in asm. That is how most high performance
games like quake and such is made.
I think we will see more of that on the ti89 too now, when we have this
great powerful tool called tigcc.
Ofcourse there will be more bloated bad programs too, but I think that is
acceptable.
If one can succeed in creating any program, it makes one more motivated to
learn more, and make a better program next time. With pure asm, many ran
into the wall early since it has a higher learning threshold.

///Olle