Re: Nintendo ports (Was Re: A89: Re: Re: ASM to C and vice versa)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nintendo ports (Was Re: A89: Re: Re: ASM to C and vice versa)

at max, we'll have 7 grayscale colors to work with, right? perhaps i am
wrong, and it is only 4, but i there is a lib on my calc called gray7lib as
well as gray7lib, so i figure that allows for things made with a 7 gray
scale, yes?

that's not really anywhere near what the NES could do (i'm sure they had at
least 256 colors), but i think we can still pull it off. considering the NES
is more than 10 years old, i'm sure that calculator technology has come
along far enought to emulate it pretty well.

as far as the programming goes, i think the most effecient while still
easiest method would be to program the graphics engine in asm, and
everything else in c. i don't know anything about asm, but i know quite a
bit of C. i could probably pick up asm fairly easily, but is there anyone
else interested who knows enough to make a rudimentary graphics engine?

/brian