A89: Re: File API

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: File API

Hi!

> I can use SymAdd() and other functions declared in vat.h. Does anyone
> know other APIs that can be used to save/load data into the archive
> memory of TI-89?

Such API functions will be included in TIGCCLIB release 2.0 (probably
release date is 25th May). Before releasing, I will give to you some
preliminary informations (picked from TIGCCLIB 2.0 documentation):

int EM_moveSymToExtMem (const char *SymName, HSym Sym);

Moves a symbol from the RAM to the archive memory.

EM_moveSymToExtMem archives a symbol. The symbol may be described either
by symbol name SymName (in this case, parameter Sym should be set to
HS_NULL or by Hsym structure Sym (in this case, SymName must be NULL.
EM_moveSymToExtMem returns TRUE if the operation was successful, else
returns FALSE. Note that SymName is the name as espected in commands
like SymFind etc.

int EM_moveSymFromExtMem (const char *SymName, HSym Sym);

Moves a symbol from the archive memory to the RAM.

EM_moveSymFromExtMem unarchives an archived symbol. The symbol may be
described either by symbol name SymName (in this case, parameter Sym
should be set to HS_NULL) or by HSym structure Sym (in this case,
SymName must be NULL). EM_moveSymFromExtMem returns TRUE if the
operation was successful, else returns FALSE. Note that SymName is
the name as espected in commands like SymFind etc.

These functions will be in vat.h. You can use them even with TIGCCLIB
1.5, as they are declared in unknown.h.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Zeljko Juric