A89: Re: Re: Re: HW detection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Re: HW detection

> > > This may be common knowledge (haven't programmed for a while) but is
> there a
> > way
> > > to detect the HW version on the calc in software other than asking the
> user?
> >

> I don't know, and I would also like to know that...
>
> > Also, how do you detect stuff like AMS version and calc type?
> >

> To test if your are on a 92+ or a 89, you may test, for example,
> #LCD_LINE_BYTE. It will be equal to 30 on a 92+, and 20 on a 89. If you want
> to know if you are on a 92 1 or a 92 2, you can test #LCD_MEM, it will be
> equal to $4440 on a 92 1, and $4C00 on a 92 2.

This can be done when compiling? I thought the files weren't separated until the
linker made them into .89z and .9xz files.
I don't want to test for calc type at runtime, but if I have to then I will, of
course.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

The druid stiffened. "*Nice?*" he said. "A triumph of the silicon chunk, a
miracle of modern masonic technology -- *nice*?" "Oh, yes," said Twoflower,
to whom sarcasm was merely a seven letter word beginning with S.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic)

Follow-Ups: References: