A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: HW detection

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: HW detection

> > To test if your are on a 92+ or a 89, you may test, for example,
> > #LCD_LINE_BYTE. It will be equal to 30 on a 92+, and 20 on a 89. If you
want
> > to know if you are on a 92 1 or a 92 2, you can test #LCD_MEM, it will
be
> > equal to $4440 on a 92 1, and $4C00 on a 92 2.
>
> This can be done when compiling? I thought the files weren't separated
until the
> linker made them into .89z and .9xz files.
> I don't want to test for calc type at runtime, but if I have to then I
will, of
> course.

Well, I don't think it is possible with a68k alone. However, you should be
able to test this at compilation time by using a preprocessor, like prefargo
(http://www.ticalc.org/pub/dos/asm/prefargo.zip), wich also works with
doorsos. I never tested it, so I don't know exactly what you can do with
it...

--
Jean Canazzi
jcanazzi@cybercable.fr