A89: corewars

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: corewars

Does anyone remember that *VERY* old game called corewars?  I forget exactly
how it worked, but it basically put aside a chunk of memory as a sort of
virtual arena.  Then people could write short .ASM code that acted sort of
like a virus and set them loose in the arena to see whose code would win by
completly wiping out the others code while showing the progress of each
piece of code in a graphical & text interface.  I think it would be really
cool to do a version of this game for the TI-89 in a way that people could
then write ASM code and put it on the net so ppl could then download it to
their calcs to do battle against their own or others code.  I'm a cs major,
and know very rudementary ASM, but am willing to learn more to work on this
project.  If anyone else finds this an interesting idea and knows ASM,
please e-mail me.  I would very much like to make this a reality.

Follow-Ups: References: