A89: Re: Re: Re: TIGCC and a new Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Re: TIGCC and a new Question

Hi!

| Also, I don't know why, you could put the function before the "main"
function.  Even if I have the function declared correctly, I still get that
error if it isn't before the place where it is called in the program.

You can have a prototype before the main function; then the function can be
whereever you want.

| On a side note, TIGCC does not seem to work.  I choose build.  It compiles
the code.  Then a box pops up saying "Opening xxxxx.c"  It then procedes to
get stuck (Windows says it's not responding.)

This is a stupid bug.  It actually works, it just takes way too long if the
file exceeds a certain size.  The problem was in one of my algorithms for
syntax highlighting: I was searching through a linked list from the wrong
side and thereby made an O(N^2) algorithm out of O(N) (where N is
approximately proportional to the file size; it's actually the number of
syntax ranges).  It wasn't noticable for small files because other things
usually take a lot longer, but after a certain limit, the opening time is
really proportional to the square of the file size!

| What can I do?

Disable syntax highlighting for GNU ASM files.  You can do that in the
preferences.  There is an error somewhere in the compiled code (which
shouldn't happen, so please tell me what it is).

Bye,
Sebastian Reichelt