Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Re: Re: Re: Re: CORRECTION: Shift+ON

> Geez, what's up with the rash of ill-informed posts on this list?

TI hasn't exactly been forthcoming about what the SDK will include, what
capabilities it will have, or anything else.  So I think a few
misconceptions can be forgiven.  We have so little "official" info from TI,
and the little we have is often wrong (or so I have heard from Zeljco and
others).  Remember that you have a LOT more info than we do.

>  The size
> limit is in SOFTWARE ONLY and only applies to ASM PROGRAMS and not
> applications.  ASM programs, whether built by TIGCC, TI Flash Studio, or
> a68k, have an 8k/24k limit (depending on AMS version) in software which
has
> been circumvented by certain programs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't HW2 calculators contain a hardware block
that prevents the PC from being out of a certain range?  From what I've
read, it has a few flaws in its current implementation, allowing it to be
bypassed by software, but if TI were to come out with a HW3, they might very
well fix those flaws and come up with an "impenetrable" calculator!

James Darpinian

Follow-Ups: References: