Re: A89: Got it.. Thanx anyway... by the way...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Got it.. Thanx anyway... by the way...

> >     I don't think you can run DoorsOS on a HW2 calculator without
> HW2patch,
>
> This is only true if you're running AMS 2.01 or 2.03, and I believe this
is
> regardless of hardware version, and it only applies to old versions of
doors
> with the kernel being larger than 8k.

Taken from DoorsOS.txt from DoorsOS 0.98:
* If you don't have a Hardware Version 2.00 calculator, there is no problem
* If you have a Hardware Version 2.00 calculator and AMS 1.05, there is no
problem
* If you have a Hardware Version 2.00 calculator and AMS 2.0x, you must
install HW2 Patch 2.10 by Julien Muchembled on you calculator before
installing DoorsOS.

> Although why anyone would still use DoorsOS rather than TEOS eludes me. .
.

I wouldn't know, I don't use a kernel anymore.

> > For some reason, some assembly language programs
> > run slower on a HW2 (mostly the older ones I think).
>
> Strange, I haven't seen or observed this?!?

I observed this some time ago when I was putting games onto my friend's HW2
calculator as a favor.  I didn't have the HW2 version of graphlib (I don't
think it existed at that time), so all the games were in black and white,
and some ran noticably slower.  For example, the old version of Solar
Striker (without scrolling backrounds) ran slower.  If I remember right,
Phoenix ran a little slower, too, even though it doesn't use grayscale (made
it easier on the "fast" mode :-).  Not all the games ran slower, though, and
BASIC programs were faster, as expected.  I saw an unofficial news item on
this topic at www.tinews.net a while ago, it may still be there.  Has anyone
else observed this?