A89: Re: Grayscale troubles

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Grayscale troubles

Hi!
    I'm trying to write my own routine that will fade smoothly between two black and white screens.  To do this, I flip rapidly between the screens using the port at address 600010.  However, even when I write code that does nothing but flip back and forth constantly, the gray flickers a lot.  Does grayscale code have to be synchronized with the refreshes of the LCD to work right?  (Then I'd have to use an interrupt... right?)  Also, how could I flip the screens to fade smoothly?
I guess you're right, although I don't know very much about it.  I think that's also the reason why grayscale flickers so much on HW2.  However, why don't you just adjust the contrast?

The ACZ 89 Central states that grayscale is possible at a maximum of 16 levels with very little flickering.  You probably can't have more than 15 steps for your animation.

Sebastian Reichelt

Follow-Ups: References: