Re: A89: TI-89 Harware revision 2

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: TI-89 Harware revision 2

well, you can overclock a computer without changing any hardware, just
increase the clock multiplier.

Processors do not have a "specific" clock speed, but rather are made and
clock speeds are measured afterwards.  You can't make a "10mhz processor".
You make the processor, then find what speed it runs with stability at.  a 5
mhz processor can possibly run at 10 mhz if you prevent overheating, but it
would be very unstable.  I can easily imagine a 10mhz proc hitting 12 mhz
pretty easily just with a clock multiplier change.  A physical change to the
processor (like all the overclocking with the wires and junk that we see)
will GREATLY increase the speed, but software changes can change it slightly.