Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Linux Port for 89/92

Yes, i was actually thinking about that myself! If you hadn't brought it up I
probably wouldn't have said anything. I am still trying to learn ASM as well
as understand Linux at the time...and soon i will install Linux-Mandrake. Its
only a matter of time until i get my own computer back and then install
Linux. I know that its available for other Mot processors ( i dont know
which) but i think its definatly possible....though the FLASH is very
questionable....do to the fact that TI doesn't have any documentation on ASM
(as far as i know) other than a minimal amount on the Exec command. If we can
just start something like a multitasker....(prosit works very well!) then
move from there....it most likely could be done!
Although writing our own Kernel and Drivers and other Gui or Shells could
take some serious time!

Kyle