Re: A89: FuZiOnZ Clarification

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: FuZiOnZ Clarification

Just as soon as I criticize Matt for making fun of newbies in a bad way, he
does it right. :) WTG Matt!

Read on:

matt2000@dogtech.com writes:

> Ugh.. your an AOL member fresh out of bootcamp, all right..

Seriously, I've been automatically kicked out of the #Linux channel one too
many times. Why? Because other stupid people with AOL accidently download mIRC
and go ask stupid questions... *sigh* Anyone have any idea how we can solve
this?

>  No, your just wasting this mailing list's time. It is practically a
cardinal
>  rule: never announce a game until the basic engine is done, at least not on
>  a mailing list (maybe your website). But, Once you design the basic
>  grayscale scrolling engine and a BETA is near..  then start e-mailing
people
>  for title screens, sprites, etc

Yes, please! Cuz of the origonal poster's Star Fox 89 post, Miles got all
weird on me and thought that we could actually make it. I said that neither of
us even know how to do greyscale, so we should get our minds off of it. :)
Please, if for no other reason, don't announce games that have no code done
yet, or some of us newbies start thinking we can make them and all heck breaks
loose!

And by the way, is it there even enough processor power to do enough polygons
to have a ship, at least three enemies, perhaps some background objects (that,
of course, you can crash into) and hit detection all at once?