Re: A89: Fw: StarFox -Reply

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Fw: StarFox -Reply

In a message dated 11/19/98 11:33:13 PM, m_rayman@bigfoot.com writes:

>Thanks!  That's what I'm planning to do, I just wanted to see if you guys

>had some opinions on it.  So how about my questions about the gameplay?

>Exact copy of N64's StarFox (with team mates), or a solo-mission?  Should
>I add the LandMaster, or just stick with the Arwing?  These things I'm going

>to add after I get the engine to work.  I just want the list's opinions,

>because, besides me, you all will (hopefully) play it one day.  I just

>wanted to let you have a chance to put in your say while it's being created.

>-Miles Raymond

I think you should implement the Team mates functionality... Are you worried
about incorporating this because of the difficulity of trying to create the
AI, because the calc should be able to handle all these multiple tasks in the
game... Well, we know it could, but when thinking about having to program it
to handle these, Im sure it would be fine... So, you should keep this idea in,
or else this game would just turn into a dinky Tie-Fighter-type game. =P  Keep
it as close to the SNES and N64 versions as possible... =)

Oh ya, and about the legal stuff again, its not like You're claiming that
you're creating this game from scratch, and calling it your own. You'll give
NOA due credit, and anyone who plays this game will know it came off the SNES
or N64... You are programming it from scratch for the 89, but it should be
thought of as just a port from the higher systems, to the best of your ability
(which should be pretty damn good, though... ;)
															--Jason K.