Re: A89: StarFox89

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: StarFox89

-----Original Message-----
From: TurboSoft@aol.com <TurboSoft@aol.com>
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org <assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Friday, November 20, 1998 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: A89: StarFox89

>In a message dated 11/19/98 10:46:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>m_rayman@bigfoot.com writes:
>
>> You are right!  I shouldn't worry too much.  I'm going back to programming
>>  StarFox89 now.  I'm going to try to make StarFox to the best of my ability.
>
>Thank you and good luck!
>
>>  What does everyone think of a level editor?  Nah, I should worry about that
>>  after I get the engine going.  But should I be thinking on-calc, or
>computer
>>  level editor?  Should I make the game as closely to the N64 StarFox, or
>>  should I make it different?  Should all of the levels be the same (i.e.:
>>  Cornaria, Asteroid Belt, etc...) or should I make new levels?
>
>l've never played starfox64 before, so l don't know what the different levels
>are like, but they should all include flying of some sorts l believe, and the
>asteroid belt level on the SuperNintendo is really stupid.

Then we're opposites.  I've only played the N64 version...

>>  There's another thing I've been thinking about.  Should I make this a solo
>>  StarFox game?  I don't think I would be able to program the AI for the team
>>  mates (Slippy, Peppy, and Falco) and every other enemy on the screen?
>
>Maybe it would only be the fox character flying, but when the storyline thing
>is going then definitely include the others

How do you mean?  Are they all going to stay in the GreatFox, and just root the player on with
comments?

>>  One more question: Should I use the LandMaster as well as the Arwing, or
>>  just have the Arwing?  I haven't learn the Physics of fluidity, and
>>  therefore couldn't make a realistic submarine.
>
>is the LandMaster some sort of tank or something?

Yeah, it's a tank.  I don't know if it's in the SNES version or not.  Also in the N64 version is a
submarine, but as I said before, I do not know the physics of fluidity, and therefore cannot program
for it.  I might think of adding it later, maybe, if I ever learn that in Physics class.

-Miles Raymond