A89: Re: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: Re: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

Clipping is allowing the sprite to move off the edges of the screen
smoothly, or, off the edges of whatever boundary is elected.  On most LCDs
the sprite pops up again on the other side or just displays trash somewhere
when you move the sprite off the screen.  Clipping "clips" the sprite so
that only the part of the sprite you want shown is put to the screen; it
eliminates the trash (although it sounds simple, clipping is actually
difficult to program).  Clipping is absolutely integral to sidescrolling and
to games where enemies might move off the edges of the screen (like mario).
On the 89 LCD, a sprite must be clipped only when it crosses the top or left
side LCD edges.