A89: Re: ROM calls

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Re: ROM calls

The ROM table is a table of addresses (longword each) pointing to the ROM
calls.  The locations of the calls can change with each ROM version, but the
table won't; this means that code using the ROM table to find the ROM calls
(rather than just calling the address directly) will be compatable with all
versions of ROM.  So, ($c8) is the pointer to the ROM table, and will be the
pointer to the ROM table in all ROMs.  All calcs that support assembly
programming have a table like this.
>From looking at the shell include files, there appears to be near 700 calls.
About 50 of these calls are described in the plushell and doorsos
documentations.

>I've heard this in the discussions, $C8 is a pointer to the adress of the
ROM