Re: A89: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: Survey for the next version of PlusShell

If anyone hasn't noticed, you are capable of just renaming "shell" to "kbdprgm7"
or whatever you want to shortcut it on the calc.  I do agree though that the ESC
button should not be used to quit, but rather CLEAR or HOME, and also it should
default to the previous selected directory.

Also, it would be neat to be able to move programs to different folders, create
folders, and get rid of folders.  In addition, features present on the 86's ASE
would be nice: displays free mem and each program's full description (mem used),
basic program recognition/execution, program deletion, shutdown & password
protection, and contrast adjusting.  These features would make this shell
desirable on the calc.

As far as libraries go, I think it would be a lot nicer to have one library file,
because as it has been said, it would be less confusing and easier to upgrade,
and you wouldn't have to worry about which games need which libraries.  Someone
said that you might end up having a game which only requires one or a few libs so
you'd have some 12K of wasted space, but I think that pretty soon, the other libs
will be utilized, meaning you'd need them anyways.

~Dave <the_regul8r@bigfoot.com>