[A86] Re: TI 86 Computer Algebra System

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Brandon Sterner writes:
>  As far as pretty print goes, I'd say don't
> waste your time until you get a working cas. Pretty print is
> relatively easy but useless if you never implement the CAS and the
> CAS of course doesn't necessarily need pretty print.

I don't agree with that.  It would be very useful have a hotkey to see the
last entered expression in pretty print.  After using the 89 and seeing how
many entry mistakes it saved me from, I wondered how many points I'd lost in
math and physics class due to not having that feature on the 86.

> David(and everyone else who's tried to read symbolic), sorry for my
> horrible coding style.

Just add some more comments :)  Porting it to the 86 should be pretty easy
if you document the entry points.  Maybe you could turn the CAS routines
into a library and separate it from the 83 specific code?

--
David Phillips <david@acz.org>
http://david.acz.org/

Follow-Ups: References: