[A86] Re: Port 4?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Port 4?

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:49:24 -0400 Aaron <acurti1@umbc.edu> writes:

> He's referring to ti-ports.txt, which is about the 85.  The docs on
> the 86 describe port 4 so it sounds like the 85's port 6...  so
> maybe
> the 86 docs are wrong, I dunno.  There isn't much useful to do with
> it
> either way though.

Well...  looks like port 4 is used the same, except that the 86 sets bit
6 (it writes 56h and 57h instead of 16h and 17h)

Interesting...  how does it work with a 20-byte wide screen?  Is there a
4-byte wide strip along the sides that doesn't get displayed, or does it
just freak out?  (and does vti emulate this properly?)

> Am I not the only getting "=20" all through Dave's mail?

No.  His new mail reader seems to be having issues.

-josh

> On Saturday, September 29, 2001, rabidcow wrote:
> > On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 19:06:01 -0700 David Phillips <david@acz.org>
> writes:
> >> That really weird thing would be changing the number of bytes per
> >> row tha=
> >> t=20
> >> the screen uses, using port 4.
>
> > What's that?
>
> > The only information I have about port 4 involves changing the
> power
> > state.  (in uncertain terms, of course)
>
> > Has someone does more research on the ports than I know of?
> Please
> > share!
>
> > -josh
>

> --