[A86] Re: ROM / RAM equates database

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: ROM / RAM equates database

> Probably not using Micro-Soft WinDOwS? Having no mouse at that OS is
really
> pain-in-the-ass...

I think we can cut out the unsubstantiated Microsoft bashing (this isn't
Slashdot).  X11 is just as difficult to use without a mouse.  Windows 2000
is still my OS of choice for a general desktop (XP has major problems).  On
decent hardware it is rock solid, fast and visually looks good.  And for the
record, I use both Windows and Linux (Blackbox currently being my window
manager of choice) on a daily basis (separate machines, no dual booting).
Sure, Microsoft has a lot of bad products, but they also have a lot of good
ones.  I love my Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro.

> > ROM entry points are a bit different tho.  Calcs older than the 83 have
> > no jump tables, so "entry point" isn't really accurate and you need a
> > different address for some in different rom versions.
>
> I was also thinking of making a list of where the jumptable on the Ti83
and
> Ti86 points to. For a very basic example, $4000 (_ldhlind / LD_HL_MHL) on
> the Ti83 always points $0033. There might be more... Could off coarse
> change if Ti brings out new ROM versions.

If you want a database with a web interface, let me know and I'll make one.
Josh's site has hundreds (thousands?) of calls documented, and you could
enter them if you like.  Let me know what fields are necessary.  Probably
something like:

calc
name
alternate name
address
description
notes
example

> > > 1) What database format to use?
> > > - Needs to be accessable on DOS, Windows, *nix, Amiga, ...

Probably MySQL with web interface using PHP.

> > > 2) I don't have experience in programming PHP / SQL or whatever.

Some of us do :)

> > > 3) Can't setup everything alone (need webserver, 'fast'
> > > internetconnection, etc.)
> >
> > There's enough TI-calculator sites with their own server around, you'd
> > think one of them would love to host something like this...
>
> Ah well, okay, webspace isn't the real problem nowadays...

Not really.  Especially since that's one of the things my employer does :)