[A86] ROM / RAM equates database

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] ROM / RAM equates database

> Van: rabidcow@juno.com
>
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:36:16 +0200 "Henk Poley" <HPoley@DDS.nl> writes:
> >
> > Ti's and ROM versions. There are quite a few things in ROM that
> > haven't been documented by Ti, and there are also people who have
> > taken a look at some things, so it would be nice if there's a place
> > you could collect them.
>
> As someone who's "taken a look at some things", I think this would
> be excellent.

:-)

> > Then you could also make include files in which the ROM-entrypoints
> > are defined with the same names as they are used on the different
> > platforms. (plotSScreen = gbuf = VIDEO_MEM = ...)
>
> Due to the similarity of the roms from different calcs, it should be
> possible to automate this somewhat.  I'll look into it whenever I get
> around to buying a new mouse ;)

Probably not using Micro-Soft WinDOwS? Having no mouse at that OS is really
pain-in-the-ass...

> ROM entry points are a bit different tho.  Calcs older than the 83 have
> no jump tables, so "entry point" isn't really accurate and you need a
> different address for some in different rom versions.

I was also thinking of making a list of where the jumptable on the Ti83 and
Ti86 points to. For a very basic example, $4000 (_ldhlind / LD_HL_MHL) on
the Ti83 always points $0033. There might be more... Could off coarse
change if Ti brings out new ROM versions.

Plus the possibility to speed up programs per different ROM. I know that
everybody I tell this kind of stuff says "when you use ROM routines, you
know they are slow, so it is better to implement the routines yourselves if
you want speed.", <sigh>.

> > The problems are:
> > 1) What database format to use?
> > - Needs to be accessable on DOS, Windows, *nix, Amiga, ...
> > 2) I don't have experience in programming PHP / SQL or whatever.
> > 3) Can't setup everything alone (need webserver, 'fast'
> > internetconnection, etc.)
>
> There's enough TI-calculator sites with their own server around, you'd
> think one of them would love to host something like this...

Ah well, okay, webspace isn't the real problem nowadays...

Leaves 1) and 2)... and a bit of 3)

	Henk Poley <><