[A86] Re: SDCC v2.3.0

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: SDCC v2.3.0

> > Then again, if you are writing hugely complex generic graphics routines,
> > that might not be so efficient either as the code would need to handle
> > every imaginable case, when it might be much better for a routine to be
> > specifically adapted to the specific needs of the program.
>
> A nice example for this is 'printf()'... Full version is 2-3kb in Z80.
> (Yes, there will be lots off people who react to this with "wtf do we need
> printf()?")

Exactly.  Do you use printf in assembly?  No?  Then you wouldn't use it here
either.  The goal isn't to shift the thinking into doing things that you
wouldn't do in assembly.  It's to make it easier and faster to write
programs than it is in assembly.  If you write code like you would in C for
a computer, then the best compiler in world won't help you.