Re: A86: What C-compilers have we got? [82/83/83+/85/86]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: What C-compilers have we got? [82/83/83+/85/86]

Your right, I'm an insensitive bastard :-) Brutally insensitive. And I am
all high and mighty. At least I wish I was, but at least on this mailing
list I can act that way since I've been programming the TI-86 for the past 3
years. No other mailing list can I be so sarcastic and get away with it. As
for DirectX/Win32/WinCE/PalmOS etc where my knowledge is limited, well.. I
think I'd get my ass kicked on any respectable mailing list of the sort.. so
we'll keep it at that.

But its motivating, isn't it? I bet your reading about compilers and
assemblers right now so you can refute the brief points I made. If so,
excellent!  And at least you use correct punctuaction, I'll give you that.
The reason I'm somewhat good with computers now is my brother calling me an
idiot every 5 minutes since I was 8 years old. "Hey dude, check out this
code I wrote". And he would respond, "Why did you do that? Thats dumb". Now
umm 10 years later I get in heated debates with him and in the end we end up
agreeing. Its strange.

On this theme, here are some old tutorials I wrote which talk about
assemblers on a high-level (z80 specific). Note I made a mistake and called
it a "Compiler", when it is really an assembler. I think the terms are
pretty much interchangable though... http://ti86central.i2e.net/contents.asp

Now, I'm not going to stop being sarcastic because its so fun. I still have
a bitter taste in my mouth everytime I read yet another AOL lamer sending me
crap.

"hi
i have aol i want to program ti86
teach me now
plz

thx
mr. dude
"

Then I reply:

Dude,

Ever hear of euthanasia?

Matt

Now, you see why its so fun confusing people with useless or sarcastic
verbage?

- Matt

> O.K.
> I think you need a hard lesson in sensitivity. You have to understand that
some
> people out there don't exactly have the same knowledge as you, and by
that,
> means they are bound to make mistkes.
heh, was that intentional?

>If I made a mistake, o.k. I admit it. I
> made a mistake. That's not that hard. However, I get the impression that
you
> think you are all high and mighty because you can go and explain in huge
amounts
> of sarcasm that you are right and they are wrong. All I wanted was an
answer to
> my question and why. True, you completed all that, but you did not have to
do it
> the way you chose.

Follow-Ups: References: