Re: A86: Strategy Games

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Strategy Games

>Well, if you are actually going to do this, although, as I have read, I
>wouldn't suggest it, I would suggest(?) you doing a C&C Sole Survivor type
>game. It only requires 1 unit per player, and maps can be quite small. Sure
>the playability will be shot, but the mem and system requirements may just
>be able to work on non-accelerated calcs.

Another nifty idea, but that is aimed more at RTS-style...

As Nicholas Clark pointed out, so many people have an RTS mindset
these days, they probably aren't willing to sit down and have a go at
writing a turn-based engine. For the calc, a turn-based engine is far
superior than an attempt at real-time in this senario.

...Still, a sole survivor-style game wouldn't be half bad in a link
game... only problem is the fact that real-time links seems to
breakdown easily (As seen by bomberbloke), although it might be worth
a shot after I finish with this. :)

-Krev
--
----
"Science describes how our universe reacts in a mathematical