Re: A86: 'Integrated' Shells

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: 'Integrated' Shells

i'd recommend using a different key, say alpha-clear, instead of prgm,
but here's how you bring up the prgm:edit app:

#include "asm86.h"
#include "ti86asm.inc"

_pushQueue = $4094
_JprgmEditApp                equ        5060h   ;PRGM:EDIT
_mon = $4084
_PPutAway                        equ            40BDh
_PutAway                         equ            40C1h
_CXCURAPP                 equ         0C1B4h

.org _asm_exec_ram

    call _PPutAway      ;put away homescreen cx
    call _PutAway
    ld a,8
    ld (_CXCURAPP),a
    res 6,(iy+$0c)
    call _JprgmEditApp  ;load new cx
    ld a,$0d            ;load rom page d
    out (5),a
    jp _mon

.end

note that this does not return.

if you want to load a program into the editor, push its name onto the
monqueue before you call _JprgmEditApp:
    res 6,(iy+$0c)
   ld a,'A'
   call _pushQueue
   ld a,'S'
   call _pushQueue
   ld a,'D'
   call _pushQueue
    call _JprgmEditApp  ;load new cx
will edit the program 'ASD'

-josh

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:43:36 -0800 Adam Thayer <krevinek@yahoo.com>
writes:

> I have been wanting a shell where I don't have to run the shell by
> Asm(<shell>), or <Shell>. This is because I work often within the
> shell, but want it readily available. Because of this, I tried
> KShell
> and AsmOS. KShell modifies the Pgrm menu to seperate BASIC and Asm
> programs, and put Asm( before the Asm programs. AsmOS allows you to
>
> run Asm programs like BASIC ones on the homescreen. Neither one
> works
> with Rom 1.3 or later, and lo, I have 1.6.
>
> So, I decided to take a break from my TBS (Turn-based Strategy) Asm
>
> coding and write my own shell that would work with pretty much every
>
> ROM. All ROM versions seem to have the (sqrt)X stuff in the same
> spot, so I decided to use sqrtKEY to check for the Pgrm press in the
>
> homescreen (easy, and what isn't documented hasn't moved since
> AsmOS/KShell were written). This works OK, but it does have the bad
>
> luck of completely replacing the functionality of the Program menu,
>
> which means I can't edit BASIC programs, or (if I was suicidal) Asm
>
> Hex without ATE or some other editor.
>
> Here is my question: has anyone actually tried figuring out how the
>
> ROM calls it's editor? I don't need the edit MENU, since I already
> have a replacement for it, and just want to have the user press
> Alpha
> to edit BASIC programs. If not... do you think that people would
> find
> it annoying to have a custom editor within the shell, and when using
>
> Break/Goto, end up using TI's editor for speed/simplicity? Please
> give input on both questions, as I would love to give the user an
> option of choosing between the TI-BASIC editor and a stripped down
> version of ATE for editing...
>
> -Krev
> --
> ----