Re: A86: _exec_basic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: _exec_basic

_PARSEINP uses __bank_call, which should return the proper rom page,
right?
_PARSEOFF does the same thing as _PARSEINP, except it doesn't reset some
flags first.  does this one work?
what causes the syntax error?

-josh

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:35:03 -0700 "Kirk Meyer" <kirkmeyer@bigfoot.com>
writes:

> The mystery is finally solved. We were using the wrong ROM call. The
> call on
> the 83+ is _parseinp (according to TI), so I searched TI's official
> includes. There it was, _parseinp, location $4C57. Now we knew about
> $4C57
> before, but it didn't switch back to ROM page $0D, so we thought it
> caused a
> crash. So, just use this code to execute a BASIC program if the name
> is in
> OP1:
>
>      call $4c57
>      ld   a,$0D
>      out  (5),a
>
> Also, you should flush the menus before executing if you haven't
> already:
>
>      call $49dc
>
> And you MUST exit your program through jforce:
>
>      jp   $409c
>
> (If you don't, nothing TOO bad should happen, but you will get an
> ERROR 07
> SYNTAX)
>
> I tested this with various programs, compiled and uncompiled, and it
> seems
> to work all the time.
>
> Kirk

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!