Re: A86: [ot] any ideas on an algo for this game?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: [ot] any ideas on an algo for this game?

Hmm, I guess real programmers write their own grayscale routines :)

The one Clem and I wrote has some features I like.  It was designed for the
two planes to be next to each other, but they don't have to be (I find it
makes coding effects easier when they are).  It uses the user interrupt (IM
1) to save space on the table and copying the routine (since it sits in user
memory).  It is a 1:2 mix, so as flicker free as possible (flickerless when
not in flourescent light).  The stack is moved, since the two planes are
intended to be at $f800 and $fc00.  It allows you to use _get_key to read
the keys by calling ROM handler in the interrupt (the method Jimmy Mardell
first proposed?).  I like it because it is easy to use.  It does the shadow
registers, however.

http://david.acz.org/gray.asm

> Since everyone's plugging their grayscale routines, I'd like to suggest
> the one I used in FD2...
>
> There are some disadvantages I guess...  it uses af' and c', the two
> planes need to be right next to each other (such as $f800 and $fc00), so
> you might need to move the stack.  Also it doesn't handle the keyboard,
> but real programs read the keys through port 1 anyway :)

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World