Re: Re[2]: A86: Re: anything useful to say?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re[2]: A86: Re: anything useful to say?

> > I've been on the list since it was created, back in 1997.  I'm sure you
> don't go
> > back that far.
> **** I've been on this that long... I was here when you got fired.  I was
> here when some people attempted to go off and start another list (over at
> onelist.... was that you?  well, back then I joined it).  My point being...
> Everything coming from you somehow leads the dismemberment of Ticalc.  And
> frankly it's just getting annoying.  I was on the 89 list for a while too...
> off of that now just because it was distoyed by the off-topic religion
> aregument and I couldn't handle so many people yelling and not listening...
> and blah blah (<-- my little rant about 89 asm)****

Good for you. :)  I didn't start that list at onelist, that was someone else.

> > > I was fed up with his off-topic posting, mainly because it's all he
> post.
> >

> > Not true.  I would post more on-topic things if I wasn't so busy defending
> > myself against your attacks which are largly untrue.
> >

> ****Brian you know that recently you have been making that statement *more
> and more* true.  I found myself yelling at my computer screem in my dormroom
> "Oh, just SHUT UP Bryan!!"  People in the halls probably thought I was
> nuts.****

It's Bryan.

What did I say that made you yell that?  If you want to yell at someone, yell at
iDanny for pushing this issue..

> > > Bryan does not know z80 ASM, Bryan is not even trying to lear z80 ASM to
> my
> > > knowledge, now I ask you, why is he on the list? I can give a fairly
> good
> >

> > I'm on this list so I can stay up to date with information regarding the
> TI-86
> > and any new programs that come out.
> ****Not if they're afraid to post.  Someone might respond to it...
> Bryan...idanny...  Do you guys remember that lame thread with all the
> comments about AOL; and bashing AOL users?  Well, I'd say that David
> Phillips (who was where Brian is now) was just being foolish and
> overly-righteous.  But that thread stopped.  And this is like the 3rd one
> that you've been the heart of Bryan.  As far as this list goes I see one
> very **great quality** in you; you are very persistent.  I've never seen you
> give up.  But, as with all great qualities, there comes responsibility on
> when to use them, and, unfortunately...  it's hurting more people than it's
> helping right now.
> Let me just give you some numbers really quick (you're all calculator
> people... shouldn't be too hard).  Someone sends a message... it's off
> topic.  All 50 (just an estimate the list server stats are going right now)
> DL the message and it takes them each 2 seconds (to log on and get it).  Now
> it takes them each 1 second to open it.  Then 5 seconds to read (sometimes
> more, sometimes less).  And a 1 second to delete it.  Totaled out that's:
> 100+50+250+50 = 450 seconds of people's time that is used by each off topic
> message.  let's estimate that there's been 100 off-topic messages these past
> few days (there's been close... with more (or close) than 20 messages a day.
> That's 4500 seconds of people's time.that's 75 mins.... or 1 hour and 15
> mins.  That's a lot of other people's time these messages are using up(not
> including the time to  write these emails).  If you're a programmer (in
> Bryan's case a basic -- so this should mean even more to him).  One way to
> optimize code is to not call functions or methods (Java) in loops that will
> always return the same value... you should just store that value to a
> variable and do that... so what if it take 2 bytes; it speeds everything up
> a ton.
> Regards,        <-- In honor of Zolton from the 89 list
>     Joe

1 hour and 15 minutes..hehe...thats COLLECTIVE time lost, not individually.
There are 6 billion people on this earth, and lets say 1 billion of them drive
to and from work everyday.  They waste an average of lets say 5 minutes waiting
for red stop lights.  That's 9512 YEARS of wasted time per DAY.  Gee, doesn't
that information sound useful? :)

Bryan